ASSA offers a variety of support services to meet the unique needs of the student-athlete population at UCF. More than 45% of UCF student-athletes receive one-on-one academic mentoring on a weekly basis, including all new student-athletes to the university. Tutoring is available in more than 75 courses for all student-athletes five nights a week. Over 50 computers are available for use in one of three monitored study areas reserved specifically for student-athletes. In addition, student-athletes may receive academic accommodations when traveling for competition. A learning specialist is also on staff to work closely with students diagnosed with learning disabilities and help ease their transitional needs.
ASSA provides a structured academic support program, focused on integrity and accountability, to guide our student-athletes on their chosen journey for excellence. Our most important pursuit is inspiring the quest for academic excellence of our student-athletes. Our professional staff partners with the UCF community to support our student-athletes with the transformation from high school to college graduate, by providing an environment that fosters and celebrates learning.
- Over 75 subjects tutored
- Intensive interview process for all tutors hired
- Tutoring available six days a week (Sunday-Friday)
- CRLA Certified Tutors and Program
- Available to students of all ability levels
- All mentors are senior level status or graduate students
- One-on-one weekly meetings to work on Time Management, Organizational Skills, Goal Setting, and Study Skills
- Mentors go through rigorous training in ASSA and NCAA policies
- The Mentor Program within ASSA is CRLA Certified
- Monitored Environment
- Mandatory for assigned students in one of three formats
- TEAM: Entire team meets at a schedule time each week
- HOURS: Required number of hours to do in ASSA monitored environment
- OBJECTIVE BASED: Students complete daily objectives for each course.